Welcome to the Tridek Developer Blog
We are the Bit Barons, an independent game development studio from Munich, Germany (team profiles coming soon). The first game we created was Astroslugs, our second game is still unannounced (coming soon) and our third baby is what we’re going to talk to you about here: Tridek - Creatures of Galena.
Tridek is a Digital Trading Card Game for mobile devices, coming to Android first (with more platforms to be announced later). We’re not going to go into the details of the game just yet, but expect it to be comprised of everything you and we love about Trading Card Games and more. We’re trying to go new ways in a lot of areas so instead of going for a cookie-cutter fantasy theme we’re bringing you out to the far-away planet of Galena. Here you’ll send your creatures into challenging fights against other players - with a gameplay that has been optimized for mobile devices with online multiplayer capabilities.
Over the coming months, we will give you an in-depth look at everything that is required to make a game like Tridek. We’ll cover all departments that are needed for creating a game (game design, graphics, audio, programming, project management) and talk to you about:
- How the world and creatures of Galena will look like and how they are being designed (expect lots of videos).
- What the rules of Tridek are and how to design a Trading Card Game especially for mobile devices.
- The history of the game (we’ve been working on it since 2003) and how we made a physical card game (prototyping).
- What other games (especially other TCGs) inspired us and how and why we’re going to do things very differently.
- What tools we want to use to create the game and to organize the production of it (Unity, Scaleform, Pure Data, Atlassian OnDemand).
- How to design the GUI (Graphical User Interface) for a game with multiple resolutions (Hello Android!).
- How we’re implementing an amazing tool for interactive digital audio (Pure Data) into our game development workflow.
These are just a few examples of what we’re going to be showing you. So no matter if you are a fellow game developer, obsessed with Trading Card Games or just bored … please stick with us and subscribe to our RSS feed, Twitter, Facebook or Google+ to get all the news whenever it happens.